What to Wear and Bring With You
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely and confidently. For men, fitted athletic shirts or tanks and shorts work best; for women, yoga pants, leggings and tanks tops or fitted tees do the trick.
- Your own yoga mat and water bottles. We proudly offer Manduka mats at the studio for a small rental fee.
How to Prepare
- Plan in advance. Beginning yoga students generally have a better experience when they plan 12-24 hours in advance. This allows ample time for proper hydration and nutrition.
- Come to class well hydrated. We recommend one gallon of water 12-24 hours prior to class. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all the bodily systems and helps you stay energized throughout the different poses.
- Come to class on an empty stomach. Large meals should be consumed 3-4 hours before class. Lite healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, nuts are okay 1 1/2-2 hours before class, but we wouldn't recommend much more than that. You'll be twisting and lengthening your muscles.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your first class. This allows time for registration. It also gives us a chance to get to know you, including your fitness goals and address any concerns you may have.
- Come to class with a positive, open attitude. A positive outlook does wonders for your yoga practice.
- Practice, Practice, Practice. A little effort everyday goes a long way.